The Mac is known to perform his duties a long time without problems. Yet he also lost with time and intensified use of speed. With proper maintenance and optimization programs to bring him quickly back to a fast Mac.
10 steps to a faster Mac
- Leave at least 10% of space on the hard drive.
- Create a backup before any optimization measures
- Check and repair the hard disk with the Disk Utility
- Check and repair access rights
- Remove old cache files and log files
- Check you Preferences
- Update your Spotlight index
- Remove and close unnecessary login items and background processes
- Disable unnecessary effects and other Preferences
- Servicing and maintenance scripts perform
The best optimization software for Mac OS X
The Disk Utility can be a great help to optimize the speed of your Mac.